Stats: Shoppers & Smartphones
“The surging global adoption of smartphones and tablets is changing the how, when and where consumers connect to digital content, creating the most dramatic shift in digital media consumption since the advent of the personal computer . . . Retailers that fail to address this shifting shopping paradigm in 2012 risk losing dollars as savvy smartphone shoppers become a reality across many global markets.” - comscore.com 2012 Mobile Future in Focus
You see it everywhere you go – a quiet revolution taking place all around us.
People of all ages – heads down, motioning their index finger across a small, handheld instrument – are browsing the World Wide Web amid the new mobile world.
The device making this a reality? The smartphone.
Whether a Blackberry, iPhone or Android, these tiny, portable devices have placed a world of information at the fingertips of individual users. The days of surfing exclusively at a desk or laptop computer are over. In its place, an entire new world is rising, in places never before possible . . . and if you think everyone is just checking their Facebook, think again.
Thanks to public wi-fi hotspots and wireless networks, the smartphone has now become a consumer’s most-valued shopping companion – and is always available. Any place. Anywhere. 24/7.
Fact is, smartphones and shoppers were made for each other. Beyond that, it’s a love affair just now beginning to truly bloom, as several startling statistics are emerging from this growing phenomenon.
- 9 out of 10 mobile searches lead to action, over half leading to purchase. SearchEngineLand.com
- More than 50% of responders said they wouldn’t return to a mobile site if they had a poor experience – meaning, if your site isn’t optimized for mobile, customers may simply move on to one of your competitors, possibly for good. Hackergroup.com
- 70% of mobile searches lead to action within one hour. It takes one month for the same percentage of desktop users to take action. MobileMarketer.com
- By 2013, mobile phones will overtake PCs as the most common Web access device the world over. Gartner.com
- Mobile sites are preferred for shopping: 81% of users prefer them to apps for researching product and price information, and 63% prefer them for purchasing a product. Keynote.com
- 95% of smartphone users looked up local information, and of those, 61% called and 59% visited the business. Scribd.com
- Google said that 20 percent of people in the US made a purchase after a local lookup. In addition, in the US, 51 percent called a business and 48 percent actually went to the business location. SearchEngineLand.com
- In December 2011, 28.5 million mobile users accessed online retail content on their mobile devices, up 87 percent from the previous year. Comscore.com
- Commerce-related content, including Electronic Payments (up 80 percent), Classifieds (up 72 percent), Auction Sites (up 70 percent) and Shopping Guides (up 67 percent), all realized strong gains in 2011. Comscore.com
- 79% of smartphone users use their phone to help with shopping, with 74% ultimately making a purchase as a result. SearchEngineLand.com
Join the mobile movement! Don’t let your company get left behind.
Call Wired Solutions now and ask about our reliable, custom-made mobile websites.
Special introductory pricing!
Get your custom mobile website NOW starting at only $499.
Visit www.MakeItMo.com for full details.